This $26 million project to build Elsa England Elementary School consisted of surveying, civil engineering design and permitting for a new Round Rock I.S.D. elementary school to serve 900 students in a 110,000 sf building on a 30 acre site. Design included civil/site work for the main building, detention and water quality ponds, playgrounds, walking track, driveways and parking lots.
- Coordination with the architect to layout the site in order to preserve as much of the trees and natural areas as possible.
- Mitigation of several voids that were encountered during utility line installation.
- Coordination of concurrent construction schedules for this school and Pearson Ranch Rd in order to meet the district’s project schedule and open the school on time.
- Providing fire protection during construction through the construction of a temporary fire line from Brushy Creek MUD.
- Providing all utility service for the school via off site line extensions.
- Design of site traffic to accommodate the future middle school site.
- Design and permitting of a haul road for contractor access to the construction site.
- Design of a traffic control plan for vehicular and pedestrian traffic approaching and leaving the elementary school.